The Pentacam® provides you with an overall view of the anterior eye segment in a matter of seconds. Measurements are performed by auto-release and accompanied by a quality test, and are thus guaranteed to be fast, reproducible and delegable.
The Pentacam® comes with an extensive basic software package which can be extended according to your needs to include further optional software packages and modules.
Pentacam® Core Functions
A complete diagnosis in just the bat of an eye.
Within just two seconds the Pentacam® supplies you with precise diagnostic data on the entire anterior eye segment. The degree of corneal or crystalline lens density is made visible by the light scattering properties of the crystalline lens and is automatically quantified by the software. Measurement of the anterior and posterior corneal surfaces supplies the total refractive power as well as the thickness of the cornea over its entire area. The data on the posterior surface provide optimal assistance in the early detection of ectatic changes.
The rotating scan supplies a large number of data points in the center of the cornea. A supplementary pupil camera captures eye movements during the examination for subsequent automatic correction of measured data.
Versatile Basic Software
Even the basic software offers a vast range of functions.
- Fast Screening Report
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Belin/Ambrósio Enhanced Ectasia Display
- Topographical Keratoconus Classification (TKC)
- Tomographical Keratoconus Classification
- Belin ABCD Keratoconus Staging
- Belin ABCD Progression Display
- Qualitative assessment of the cornea
- Topography and Elevation Maps of the Anterior and Posterior Corneal Surface
- overall pachymetry
- Glaucoma screening:
- pachymetry-based IOP correction
- chamber angle and chamber volume
- Elevation data
- Comparative displays for follow-up
- Comparison and superimposition of Scheimpflug images
Need more functions? No problem!
The Pentacam® can be expanded at any time to include the Refractive and/or Cataract Software Packages and other optional modules to suit your needs.